SPidge Tales

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!

The holiday season is upon us, and life can seem quite hectic. It is a time to look back on the year that has passed and on what is to come. In our Church calendar, we are closing out one liturgical year, reflecting on God’s presence in our lives thus far, and looking anew, in Advent, to the coming of Our Lord in the feast of the Incarnation. Looking back on the outside world, it has been a tumultuous year for many, opening with the Tsunami, then moving on to other disasters, both natural, like Katrina, and man made, like Iraq. I know for many, 2005 has been a struggle. I think we mark the turning of years both to show the cyclical nature of life as well as the ever-renewed hope of new beginnings. Each year is similar; we have happiness and sadness, companionship and loneliness. Yet, each year is different, because each New Year brings with it hope for new beginnings.

A good way to start off a new year is by looking back more on our blessings than our sufferings. I am pessimistic at times, but I also realize that I have much to be thankful for. I have my health, I have a job that I enjoy, a college education, hopefully a Masters degree soon, and most importantly, I have an amazing family and incredible friends. I have everything a person could reasonably ask for. I suggest that when you sit down to Thanksgiving dinner with your family, you count your blessings. We all have plenty to be thankful for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home