SPidge Tales

Monday, February 13, 2006

The Facebook Princess




This story has been written to death, and is so 2 months ago, however, I did not hear about it until this past weekend, and, maybe it has been written about too much, but I haven't written about it yet. I am referring, of course, to the legend of the Facebook Princess.

The story began back in the fall, when ABC was televising a Florida St. college football game. During football telecasts, the camera will occasionally pan into the crowd, giving viewers a glimpse of the enthusiastic student body. After about a two second close-up of a group of Florida St. girls who called themselves the FSU Cowgirls, Brent Musberger, ABC's announcer, made a joke about how thousands of teenage boys will now be applying for admission to Florida St.

The girls were wearing cowboy hats, really short jean shorts, and basically bikini tops. Based on their two seconds of air time, college students (probably male) across the country searched for the girls on Facebook, and found out who the main girl was. She quickly became the most famous person on Facebook, receiving over 16,000 friend requests! (No, I have not sent a friend request to her. I do not send requests to people I don't know. Every person on my Facebook friendlist I know personally. Although, if she was to write me and request to add me as a friend, I suppose I would oblige her request.)

The Facebook Princess has parlayed her two seconds of national tv screentime into a pretty damn good fifteen minutes of fame. Sports Illustrated's webpage ran an article about her, which is how I first learned about the incident this past weekend, even though the story has been going strong for about two or three months( click here to read it, it's fairly short: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/sioncampus/02/09/cowgirl.fsu/index.html ). A college senior now, she will be appearing in Maxim and Playboy soon, as well. And, she even seems like a pretty cool and interesting girl, too. She has a sense of humor. When asked if her you know whats are real, she said "of course, they are real. Real expensive."

I am not going to reveal her name here. You can figure it out on your own with a little Google or Yahoo search, if it's that important to you. The last thing I will leave you with is the link to her facebook pics: http://fsu.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70103&page=1&l=7920d&id=5226986 .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home